AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tiling with Trimble Centerpoint RTX...not recommended
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aqf
Posted 3/19/2012 22:01 (#2296171)
Subject: Tiling with Trimble Centerpoint RTX...not recommended

WC Illinois
We have had quite a couple of weeks with the GPS running our tile plow. We use a Trimble EZ guide 500 with an ag 3000 modem to feed our intellislope monitor RTK signal. The system worked without a hitch for a year an a half but about 3 weeks ago it got to where we could not hold a signal. Two weeks into the issue the Trimble CORS network powers that be have decided that we are working too close to the 90th parallel or longitude and when the computer program tries to run 90.0000000000 through its software it is messing up a calculation somewhere (all of a sudden). They say the techs are "working on it" with no idea of a time it will be fixed.

In the meantime they set us up with a 750 (we decided to trade the 500 in) unlocked with GloNASS and the Trimble Centerpoint RTX network. Our Trimble rep seemed to think this would be fine for tiling. After running for a day I will say strongly that you cannot accurately tile with Centerpoint RTX, I can do a better job running the plow manually.

I am not trying to talk bad on Trimble here, they have done everything to keep us running and have been very good to work with. I'll go running back to their cell phone corrected RTK when they get it fixed. I just wanted to see if anyone else had ever heard of this problem and to advise against anything but cell phone or base station corrected RTK for running a tile plow.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)