AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat mt755 Ez steer bracket?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 9/11/2007 15:52 (#202071 - in reply to #202046)
Subject: RE: Cat mt755 Ez steer bracket?

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

I have some pics of all my EZ brackets posted on my website here: http://www.boysungrain.com/gps.htm

I experimented with several different antenna locations on the Challenger but putting the T2 terrain compensation into the EZ-Steer controller let me quit worrying about how high the antenna was mounted and worry about having the best view of the sky. The bracket pictured here was fabricated from 1" EMT conduit that extended from two bolts on the rear of the cab to the antenna location. The pipes rest on a rubber mounting atop a length of square 2" tubing that extends between two bolts on the front part of the cab roof.

MT Antenna

Having the antenna mounted here, these are the measurements and settings I came up with:

First off, the actual physical location of the antenna is 12.5 inches forward of the front edge of the cab drip rail and it is 140 inches above the ground surface.
My EZ settings are as follows:
Antenna: 60 inches ahead of center of track.
Aggressiveness: 126%
Tractor type: Track Tractor
Angle / turn: 35 degrees
Free play: .20 inches both left and right
Wheelbase: 60 inches
Heading filter: 5
Engage options:
2 MPH Max
15 MPH Max
Max engage angle: 34 degrees
Engage offline: 10 feet
Disengage offline: 15 feet
Override sensitivity: 49%
Motor Speed: Auto Med
Engage on A-B: ON
Terrain Compensation:
Filter: Heavy 3
Ant. Height: 140 inches
The one thing I did to really enhance the performance of the EZ was to exaggerate the distance that I set the EZ to believe the antenna was ahead of the center of the track. When I entered and used the actual distance, the tractor was too aggressive about coming on line at the headlands. It would violently oscillate from side to side until the EZ disengaged. The operator needed to be within 6 inches of the line and very close to the correct angle or the severe reaction occurred. When I told the EZ a lie about just where the antenna was; it will acquire the new line when it is 5 feet offline and at 20 degrees of angle to the line with no oscillation. It comes to the line smoother than I can do it manually.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)