AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pesticide Regulations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 3/15/2012 08:53 (#2288313 - in reply to #2288264)
Subject: RE: Pesticide Regulations

SWOH
My understanding is nobody really knows...so some poor guy is going to be the precedent. And the Federal EPA trumps the State EPA. It's like anything the EPA does, there is no clear answer to anything. I was trying to get an answer about whether I need to get a separate permit every time I spray close to water or if it's an annual permit that covers everything and how I get a permit and some people I asked had no idea what I was talking about and some people said they've had the same questions and couldn't get an answer even from the Ohio EPA. So I don't know what I'm supposed to do. And it was my understanding that the state EPA's are the ones that have to enforce the rule and give out the permits and it might vary by state. So I'm not sure getting information about it from Illinois is going to help us much in Ohio. It's a big mess and a huge waste. My guess is we're not going to know what exactly to do until they make an example out of somebody. If you do find any information for Ohio I'd really appreciate it if you posted it. I can't find any clear answers on it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)