AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can wires be split @ JD 250 planter monitor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/5/2007 04:29 (#198606 - in reply to #198378)
Subject: RE: Can wires be split @ JD 250 planter monitor?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, Ron that is exactly what I did with my 250 in the 8120.

I cut the wire harness leading to the back of the 250 a foot or two from where it enters the 250.

I then used a pair of 37 Pin Amp connectors (Male/Female) at that point. Another type of connector could have been used but I have access to the 37 Pin connectors which is the type used at the hitch.

In essence the part that was cut off was turned into an Male/Female Extension. I maintained the original wiring pattern so the Planter monitor could be hooked directly to the planter without the extension but of course it would be too short.

I leave this section in the tractor at all times and remove the monitor in the off season. It seems foolish to leave the planter monitor in the tractor all year long although that's what many of my neighbors do.

The wiring pattern is actually quite simple. Row 1 sense goes to Pin 1, Row 2 sense to Pin 2 etc. Once you've covered all the rows you have a couple of extra wires which are power and ground out to the harness. Since the wires are color coded it's not terribly difficult to do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)