AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer for Polaris Ranger
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jmw4975
Posted 2/29/2012 17:15 (#2259470)
Subject: Sprayer for Polaris Ranger

Looking for advise on sprayers to pull with a Polaris Ranger. Wanting something that we can spray cover crops with when the ground is too soft for conventional rig. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
detroitdiesel
Posted 2/29/2012 17:31 (#2259489 - in reply to #2259470)
Subject: Re: Sprayer for Polaris Ranger

Chillicothe, Missouri
Not sure it is exactly what you are looking for, but I built a boomless sprayer for our Polaris ATP, I had to use a higher out put pump, and a some somple mounting brackets. Toggle switch on and off, provides approx. 25 foot spray pattern, some of the drops towards the ends of the pattern are large, but we mainly use it spraying in cattle pasture. Works good for us, can be set to only spray to right side for spraying fence rows.

Will try to add a couple pics
Sorry, the pics are to large for the web site.

Edited by detroitdiesel 2/29/2012 17:49
Curt Keiser
Posted 2/29/2012 18:18 (#2259564 - in reply to #2259470)
Subject: RE: Sprayer for Polaris Ranger

Beresford SD
I used to pull a 100 gal tandem axle with a 30 ' boom. You had to watch in corn stalks on warm days not to have corn leaves cover radiator and cause heating. This can be a problem. Also with any breeze at all you are sitting in chemical drift when wind is out your back. I have a cab but it is way to warm to run with doors closed. I also had a boom less sprayer in the box and you do not use them with any wind.
mshaw
Posted 2/29/2012 18:42 (#2259605 - in reply to #2259470)
Subject: RE: Sprayer for Polaris Ranger

Thumb of Mi.
Here is the one we built up. It was an old 45' 500gal hardi that we picked up cheap. We extended the booms to 55' to match the planter and took the pto pump off. We used a 2" transfer pump for the pump and it just runs at 1/2 throttle with a bypass open about a 1/4 turn. We have put in 400 gal and the gator handled it with ease in soft ground that we did not want to be in the tractor or self propelled. We sprayed at about 10 mph with no problems thanks to the walking tandems. Here is a pic of it when i was doing a "practice" run to see how much weight the gator would handle.

Edited by mshaw 2/29/2012 18:45

(gator sprayer 55'.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments gator sprayer 55'.jpg (44KB - 308 downloads)
MMiller
Posted 2/29/2012 20:10 (#2259773 - in reply to #2259470)

SW Iowa
We have a 100 gallon pull behind sprayer, and it has nozzles that will make a 25' spray pattern, but you won't run it on a windy day. I have been very successful pulling it over any SW Iowa pasture that you can sit in the Ranger. I've never been covered with chemical, but the nozzles we have run pretty large droplets. Its good for spraying 24d, or Grazon, or Allied on pastures. Pull it in low range in the field, high on the road. Also have to watch grass seed if you work it in taller grass in late summer, it wil plug up the radiator.

Michael
Rock Road
Posted 2/29/2012 20:35 (#2259839 - in reply to #2259470)

w/c Illinois
If you plan on spraying with a 4-wheeler, at least get some disposable coveralls, preferably with a hood. A mask and face covering would be good as well. Better to look like a dork than to end up an early corpse. Yea, I know; that only happens to the other guy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)