AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD is partly closing down Agri Service?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Farmpond
Posted 9/5/2007 16:41 (#198853 - in reply to #198582)
Subject: Re: JD is partly closing down Agri Service?

I have dealt with AGRIS for fert. dealers and can tell you it is not highly regarded. We were part of initial test run at great discount to get started with their agronomy and precision package. Needless to say none of us original users are still even thinking about AGRIS software. In the fert. industry from the people I talk to about it and my exeriences it is a laughing stock.

Maybe other have had better experience, but JD is better off sticking to Iron. Let the true precision ag companies create the controllers, software, etc. JD is just looking to try to tie up everyone in the ag industry with their line up (i.e. Greenstar will only use greenstar components etc. and JD makes it hard for software companies to write to their controllers)

JD makes precision ag to sell their iron by locking people into their systems. And in my experience JD precision (hardware, software) doesn't even hold a flame to other companies out there.

I have no problems with JD iron but am sick of having to deal with JD only allowing Greenstar into application equipment with no other option. They are trying to monopolize the ag industry and some of us are falling hook line and sinker for their tactics.

Don't let the color green and a sillhouette of a deer make you blind to better systmes out there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)