AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nitrate test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 6/1/2006 11:42 (#16328 - in reply to #16271)
Subject: Re: Nitrate test

Rolla, ND
Well, if they were my nitrate tests, and I understand the manure rates properly, I doubt you need any additional N.

Tell us about your manure applications, are they pretty uniform or is it a dump truck here and a dump truck there?

I would also assume that at least the close to the barn field has received a few other manure applications in the past?

Tell us about the nitrate test. Was it a random test, a test that tried to test every portion of the field, a test that tried to best represent the majority of the field, a test that tried to represent one situation in the field, a benchmark test, and so on. Also what was used for equipment? Were the samples pulled with hydralics where the person saw the cores or were they pulled with something that automated the whole thing.

Was analysis run on the nutrients that are important in the topsoil such as phosphorus? How was the topsoil separated from the subsoil?

That's some basic questions so I can get a feel for just how much I would trust your tests. If you can't answer them, I wouldn't put much trust in them until you can.

Marv
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)