AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How high will corn have to go to get the acres this year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Clarence NW IA
Posted 8/26/2007 00:09 (#193297)
Subject: How high will corn have to go to get the acres this year?

Some quotes of Ray Jenkins in the last couple days on the other site.

"The rewards for holding corn off the market in October and November, and selling
in January and February will likely reach 45-50 cents, maybe more. But remember
that MANY will have to adopt temporary storage strategies to survive the coming
glut, so please consider getting the January and February sales on the books by
at least locking in bushels and basis levels. "

"Although I think we've got a near 13 byn crop coming at us, I also think we get a shot at selling $4.25-4.50 CZ8 sometime in the winter..."

The truth as I see it is that with wheat and beans this high, and going higher, I wonder what corn will have to do to get enough acres planted for next year. In our moisture stressed area, NW Iowa, many of the COC acres are not looking very good for a variety of reasons. Then this weekend I began relooking at the alk demand coming. On this ALK site listing, posted below, which was updated Aug 22, you will see on the bottom of the page tally, that we now have more gal on the come then are now running. Where will it all come from? True that some of this is a ways off, but you can bet that most will be using off the 08 corn crop. When the market will move, I do not know, but it will move up. I hear/read so many that are so sure there is only one way, down, and I just disagree.

http://www.ethanolrfa.org/industry/locations/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)