AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

outback S keeps dropping on contour mode
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/1/2006 01:01 (#16240 - in reply to #16181)
Subject: power issues

Pittsburg, Kansas

Cigerete lighters for power have been sources of trouble for us on several occasions. I don't know why they cant put a large capacitor in the unit to smooth out minor power glitches. Outbacks have always been sensative to power - they need it clean and steady. You don't even need to see the light flicker on the power adapter for there to be a problem - it doesn't take much. If you start the engine with the Outback turned on it may or may not cause it to reset - but even if it does not reboot it may have a bur under its saddle and not perform correctly. Make it a habit of always turning off the Outback if you turn off the engine - I know, it's a hassle. I agree. But it will save you some grief. Only turn the Outback on after the engine has been started. The thing will appear to work fine but at some point later will screw up. Took us a while to figure that one out.

Don't be afraid to call Outback tech support - they are very good at locating and solving problems and they need to know when there are problems and what they are. Without the feedback it will be business as usual.

John

Edited by John Burns 6/1/2006 01:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)