AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Done planting ... the first time around
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 6/1/2006 07:24 (#16270 - in reply to #16229)
Subject: Now see, this is the problem with a text only forum

West Union, Illinois

Now see, this is the problem with a text only forum.  You can't see the smile on my face or the twinkle in my eye when I say that. And since I don't know you well enough to know saying it would offend you I just go ahead and say it instead of keeping my it to myself.

I didn't mean to offend you, and certainly didn't mean to insult you. I have to remind myself you could be an atheist, Seven day Adventist, Jewish, or a "Saturday night Catholic" and temper my remarks. However for me working on Sunday morning is at best a break even activity and often is counter productive.

I guess for me part of the deal about working on Sunday is an active demonstration of my faith.  You mentioned the 10 comandments.  One of them talks about keeping the Sabbath.  If I really believe God the Creator is in control and will provide for me and that he has said you need a break every 7 days, then am I not showing a lack of faith by insisting I have to work every day of the week?

I'm not getting legalistic here, because I know the cows need fed and i have trouble with people complaining about people working on Sunday while setting at a restaurant eating my Sunday dinner. 

And I think I better stop there because we are straying a long way from the original topic and the subject matter for this forum.

Edited by Mike SE IL 6/1/2006 07:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)