AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Willmar hydro problems continue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fertilizerguy
Posted 5/31/2006 19:42 (#16186 - in reply to #16180)
Subject: Sorry -2 drive pumps 4 wheel motors

All this pump and motor talk is in getting confusing. The main problem we had was lack of power in the begining. When the restricted the bypass line with smaller orfices between the two drive pumps so each would pull with less cross over. This in fact made the problem worse because wy got warm the pumps were never syncronized because of the leaking servo valve. With every piece of eqipment like this the time you want to work on it is when you can't run so diagnosing the problem is hard to do. It took a full two years to determind that this was the problem. It started out at anything these than full stick in foward. At the end it would hardly pull itself through the field and I would have to let it set for 15 min after spraying 30 min for the oil to cool. The mechanic told me a properly running system should be about 90 degrees over outside temp. I don't have many good things say about Wilmar Eagle sprayers. In 1500 hours it went through 2 pumps (warranty), 2 wheel motors (our cost), a wheel breaking the mounting flange bolts breaking and falling off twice (once on the road breaking the hoses and dumping all 50 gallons of oil at a major intersection and once inthe field), more wheel moter drive shafts than I can count ( $100 a pop) , and countless hours of down time. Richland Sales did our work and there service was good but we saw a little too much of them. The last year we had it was the last straw, $20.000 for 100 hrs of use, and it was gone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)