AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat 65A getting hot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 5/30/2006 09:07 (#15895)
Subject: Cat 65A getting hot

The challenger has been running hot lately (go figure, it's 90 degrees out). It even runs close to hot when it's not as warm outside, so I'm thinking something may need attention before too long. Is this usually indicative of a radiator that needs cleaned (removed and cleaned by someone who knows what they are doing instead of me and a can of radiator cleaner)? The cat radiator looks really different to me - will a normal radiator shop work on these? The fuel is still turned up a little and it probably has something to do with running hotter as well. What's been the experience with 3306's in challengers running warm?

Thanks in advance, Pat

PS: I had a tech work on it 2 years ago trying to get just normal power out of it - turned out to be injectors, but he changed the timing and turned up the fuel (anaroid). I was able to pin time the pump back to stock, but I don't know which way the anaroid goes - in or out for more fuel. I'd like to back it off a little to improve fuel usage and perhaps avoid other problems. btw it doesn't smoke much even though it's turned up some - only when under heavy load - I'm guessing it's not turned up very much or is smoke not much of an indicator of fuel?

PPS: and to mr. guest from the forum, I know I should already know this and maybe my test tube kids can help me out - I thought as long as we were doing the test tube thing we might as well do some genetic engineering - they're roundup ready as well!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)