AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Full concrete slab for a machine shed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Millhouse
Posted 1/11/2012 00:14 (#2154854)
Subject: Full concrete slab for a machine shed?

South-central Nebraska
Wondering who has built a building lately and put a full concrete floor in verses dirt, sand or rock? Are you glad one way or another? My shop is too small, both width and height, to get about half of my equipment in to work on. My biggest machine shed is full and has height and width issues as well. I thought the best of all things would be a large machine shed with full concrete. That way it would hold anything we need under a roof but still allow itself to serve as a part time shop/working area with a clean and solid floor. By the time you this and that you have a pretty expensive building. I had a 80 x 120 x 18 steel building priced and the full concrete at 8" added around 50K. Needless to say, I've shelved this project for now until I know for sure of my needs. From my experience, the buildings without concrete are so dusty and have more rodent issues. Equipment never stays clean in them.

Seems to me a guy either builds something fully loaded with options , or a bare bones shell with a dirt floor and a door. I've got time to decide. I'm like everyone else around the country who wants to upgrade a farm building. We still call our 1980 shop the new shop. It and our machine shed were planned around 6 and 8 row equipment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)