AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mounting solutions for JD 2600 or AL Insight?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/20/2007 08:07 (#190056 - in reply to #189915)
Subject: Re: Mounting solutions for JD 2600 or AL Insight? ours

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I mounted my Insight much like Ron has done. Ron's mount is better than mine as I went through the plastic itself on my 9650 STS. Due to the weight of the Insight the plastic is probably not the best choice although I have not had any problems. I reinforced my plastic with a couple of screws on the right side of the post.

I did not like the original mounting scheme that Ag Leader suggests (along the right window) since the bracket would allow the Insight to bang against the window. The side position blocked my view, was more difficult to read due to the angle and had glare issues at times. The position that Ron shows does not cause an issue with blocking my view much since it is quite high. It may interfere with the sun visor.

I feel the upper right corner position is most desirable but not perfect. I also use a RAM mount and like Ron move the Insight between four tractors and a combine. The Insight has a base plate that stays with it. Each tractor and the combine have a base plate that stays with them. Just yesterday I installed a base plate in my nephew's 7830. When the Insight is installed in the combine I push it up against the headliner as I tighten the Ram arm. In this way, the headliner acts as a cushion which helps take the stress off of my bracket when travelling over rough terrain.

I made a plate that goes across the corner of the cab in the 8000's and 7830 tractor. This plate with the Ram ball mount allows the Insight to be placed in the upper right corner of those tractors. In the 7700 tractor, the ball is mounted on the side of the right corner post. In all installations glare plus usability are important consideratons.

Edited by tedbear 8/20/2007 08:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)