AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

deutz agrotron tractors.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

the other green
Posted 5/30/2006 19:51 (#15970 - in reply to #15878)
Subject: RE: Parts unsettle?

We have a Deutz Agrotron 110 MK3 (approx. 110 PTO HP)

It has 3500 hours on it and is 3 years old. I really like driving this tractor, we do quite a bit of loader-work (Quickie 980) with it and the visiblity is unbeatable for a conventional tractor. We have had some problems including shuttle lever failure, 3PT hitch computer failure and dashboard failure. Also some minor problems like switch failures and door gas-strut mounting failure. We have also had some operator-related issues. The tractor gets year-round use (95F in summer, -40F in winter no heated shop). It's our main tractor on a 1200 acre cattle operation.

By far, the biggest problem is parts availability. We are in Canada, in Manitoba and the main parts depot is in Georgia. Parts get to the Canada-US border but take ages to cross it seems. At least, that's the excuse.

I have given-up on the dealer I bought the tractor from and am working with a dealer 1000 miles away! He keeps a good stock of parts and really knows these tractors and I have an excellent independent mechanic 1/2 a mile west of me and between us, we have been doing a good job of minimising down-time. The words you don't want to hear though are "sorry, that part will have to come from Germany" The last time that happened, it took 6 weeks!

I have talked to the big-shots and they tell me they are looking for someone to partner with them in opening a main parts center in Western Canada. Why do they need a partner?!

From a day-to-day piont of view though, I really enjoy this tractor and look for jobs to do with it.

Pudding is probably right, you either love 'em or hate 'em. My friends who have driven it, like it. Those who haven't laugh at it. One guy calls it a big wedge of cheese in front of a fish-bowl. :-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)