AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Response to At it For A While and PER
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

paconsult
Posted 8/16/2007 18:43 (#188377)
Subject: Response to At it For A While and PER

To At It For A While, in response to your statement "Autofarm #1 selling RTK in Australia" there are no published independent figures available to support these kinds of claims. Wish there was like with tractor sales, it would help the farming community make informed decisions. I posted our observations as the poster was looking for performance feedback.

PER, there are a range of BEELINE/AGCO products, if the correct combination of equipment is used for hilly conditions, 6 axis gyro in a 2cm RTK unit it performs very well. They also have 10cm equipment with only 3 axis gyro's that run off a base also. I understand AGCO originally launched its AutoGuide product in the US and Australia with only a 3 axis gyro, this did result in performance issues at high speed on on sloping country. That being said AGCO learnt from the experience and with the launch of the new ArroUniversal autosteer range have made the 6 axis gyro a standard component in all of their systems, sub metre, 10cm and 2cm. If you were interested I would be happy to supply a number of owner/operators in almost any farming region in Australia who would be happy to tell you of their experiences with their BEELINE equipment.

In many posts on this site I have always been extremely open about any commercial interest I may have with various precision ag products. Wish all would do the same. For this discussion, yes I have an involvement with BEELINE in Australia, no I don't with Trimble. Still stick with my original recommendation, trial a BEELINE/AutoGuide 2cm with 6 axis gyro and also a 2cm Trimble Autopilot if you want repeatable accuracy in hilly, sloping country.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)