AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions on soybean stand.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 5/29/2006 09:48 (#15686)
Subject: Questions on soybean stand.

Well, I had the local coop drill my beans this year.

10 inch rows with a big 42 ft. JD not till drill into last years standing corn stalks, no weeds because we applied a pre emerge chemical.

I asked for a drop of 195,000 on irr. I did stand count. One row 40 ft long or 2 rows 20 ft long. Three different place in field. I could have done more, but it does look much the same all over the field just eyeballing it.

After all the math it came out to about 124,000 pop. It was not usually for the beans to be in small groups of 3-5 beans and then a large gap of 16 inches with 1 or 2 beans or no beans in that 16 inch gap. With 85% germ or emerge. the math says I should have 3.2 beans/ ft. I have 2.37 beans per foot, but they are not evenly spread out.

Beans planted on May 17th
Applied .4 inch water May 18-19th.
Rain of .4-.5 inch on May 23
Rain of .4 inch on May 26
I could not be much better on moisture for the beans to emerge. It has been hot and windy, but still nice moisture when I dig and no crust.

Would you be satisfied with the planting/ stand ??

Is this normal for the JD planter to group the beans like it did ?

The operator thought the rubber wheels that run next to the cutting depth disc were to beat up from planting into so much soybeans stubble and there was to big of a gap between the disc and the rubber wheel. Was he right ?

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)