AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autotrac Universial............wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 5/29/2006 12:35 (#15705 - in reply to #15653)
Subject: Re: Autotrac Universial............wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!!!

Chad get the actual hydraulic system installed it is much better, I think my 9200 with the steering components and hydraulic valves will drive as straight or almost straighter than my 8420 with the factory system I think the steering wheel system is a good substitute if there is no other way to get auto steer but if Deere makes the components go that way, but let the dealer install it I thought I would try and save some money doing it myself but it is a pain in the ass it to put in and I still had to have the dealer program it and cost me 900 bucks so my advice is get a quote from the dealer on the cost of putting it in and don't just let them charge you on what ever hours it takes to do it, it could get expensive. Also I am just running SF1 auto on the 9200 and it is almost as good as SF2 with the steering wheel kit and a whole lot cheaper got a key card, display, processor, and receiver for 5800 bucks and works just fine for field cultivating and other tillage passes also would work good in a sprayer would be better than any one driving freehand.
Dennis SEND

Edited by Dennis SEND 5/29/2006 12:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)