AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed Command?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/15/2007 06:39 (#187567 - in reply to #187328)
Subject: Re: Seed Command?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Tom- I knew that there was a large price increase in the Tru-Count clutches. I didn't realize it was quite that much since I'm not in sales.

I believe the Tru-Count folks indicated that they had "underpriced" them last year. Also their new alliances with Kinze, Deere and others as well as good sales may have triggered this increase.

We had more sales last Spring than I would have anticipated. In nearly all the cases, the operators were very happy with the results. We had one or two isolated instances where a clutch "hung up" and didn't disengage. In one case this was due to improper installation on the farmer's part.

The good news was that due to the "fail safe" design, that row continued to plant when it shouldn't have rather than not planting at all. The operator later said that he should have caught it since his planter population monitor would have indirectly alerted him to this fact.

The problem clutch was on row seven. Row Seven should have shown a failure on his planter population monitor at the same time as its neighbors that were on the same section when Seed Command shut that group off. Since Row Seven continued to plant when it shouldn't have, the planter monitor did not report Row Seven as failing.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)