AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overhead Door - Auto Lights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/13/2007 17:19 (#186749)
Subject: Overhead Door - Auto Lights

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Most all overhead doors for residential use have a built in lighting system that turns on when the door is opened and closed and then turns off after a brief time delay. Apparently this is not a part of commerical door openers.

I would like this feature on the opener on my new shed. It would be very handy to have at least some partial lighting when the door was opened with a remote as you drove up at night with a tractor or combine.

I have toyed with the idea of having the main two strings of lights controlled by a remote also.

I bought a kit one time that allowed a single remote to control several circuits with various combinations of N.O., N.C. momentary, latching relays. I think I still have it around somewhere. I believe using the various keys in various combinations allowed for up to seven functions.

The various combinations were activated by a three button remote Fob. The Top button could be a momentary to activate the Door Up, The bottom botton could be a momentary to activate the Door Down, the middle button a N.C. circuit where activating it caused it to momentarily open for the Stop function. I also thinking that using the Top and Middle together could turn On the lights and the Middle and Bottom together to turn Off the lights. These kits were actually quite reasonable and separate additional Fobs could be purchased.

Ed, others do you have any ideas?

Edited by tedbear 8/13/2007 17:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)