AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cotman
Posted 5/29/2006 18:23 (#15741 - in reply to #15725)
Subject: Re: Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed

NW Tennessee
According to the owner's manual for the JD 1720 planter, you're supposed to remove the "tomahawks" on the wings and just let the two center wheels drive the whole planter if set to flex. That worked ok for me, except for 1 or 2 spots when the center of the planter was in a spot that was a lot lower than the wings. What I don't like are my disc openers and covering discs sliding sideways every time the planter is raised or lowered. That puts more pressure than I'm comfortable with on the units. Some around here set these toolbars so that they will flex up but not down. That would eliminate my problem, but I have some fields that need to flex both ways. The "gullwing" attachment I referred to ties into the rockshaft and when the 3-point hitch is raised it lifts the wings up just enough to be level with the main frame. I understand it may have to come from Orthman. At least that's what I've been told, never seen one personally, although I know there are some in the area. I guess I've got plenty of time to research that before next planting season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)