AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Row Cleaners/Replanting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

msb
Posted 5/27/2006 23:32 (#15340 - in reply to #15279)
Subject: RE: Row Cleaners/Replanting

Lapel, In
Faced with an almost idetical stiuation, Mark.I am going to try hitting the old row to keep from overfertilizing in some places.At first I thought of using only 28% , but the risk is too great.Corn planted this late won't need the N kick like earlier plated corn would.Since I have some Force left over,I'll try using that up.I will use Herculex/Liberty corn and simply kill the survivors after I am sure they are all coming that will come up. Beck's said a field cultivator was not the first choice they would recommend.Too many plants that only got moved around and caused a yield reduction in the end.This way I can simply go in and plant and hopefully be done with it in one trip besides a quick trip with the Coupe loades with Liberty a bit later.I plqnted CLCB so I could have used RRCB except the stack is not approved for export.The Liberty will cost about $8 nore per acre,but I will be able to sleep at night knowing I can sell the the grain.
SIL is wharehouse manager at Becks and even he was out delivering seed today, so you are not alone my friend.He had a delivery to Ft. Wayne and Covington. Almost missed his favorite father-in law's birthday party tonighjt.lol
I'll not change the row cleaners on my planter.Have 70 acres to replant.Think I might be able to go Sunday afternoon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)