AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

combine upgrade options - Gleaner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

timis
Posted 10/6/2011 10:37 (#1992954)
Subject: combine upgrade options - Gleaner

Iowa
Well cause I couldnt find what I was looking for I decided last month to have the old N6 make it another year. After taking a day off work and getting about 5 acres cut I'm thinking I'd better do something. I have a 6 row hugger corn head and 320 bean platform - currently looking at 2 r50's both with about 3500 engine and 2500 sep hours, I can get one bought for 15 and the other 22. Also looking at a r60 and r70 both with 3500 engine and 2200-2600 sep hours for 25k. I was really hoping to save a couple years and get a 62. My wife was really pissed cause yesterdays breakdown was another 12:00 fix it night. For you gleaner guys how much capacity do you gain with the bigger combines - thats where I really struggle - on beans I've got to take time off and if something breaks I'm screwed. What about reliability b/w the models - I read on the combine forum that the 50 is basically the same as the 2 series except for the cab. In corn my bottleneck is keeping grain away from the n6 so I dont need more capacity - but on beans getting home at 5 usually only gives me a couple hours until they get tough. I understand the normal wrenching on a combine but 1-2 hours a day for the little crap (fixes not greasing) and 1-2 days a year wasted is really starting to cost me $'s. I'd like to demo yet this year - so I can actually see how they compare to the 6. I always wanted to skip the deutz and go right to the water cooled - but I'm about 3 yrs from that, and I dont think the 6er will make it that far- well it might, but I also might die of a heart attack from the stress its giving me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)