AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally almost finished planting yesterday.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 5/25/2006 09:12 (#14672 - in reply to #14640)
Subject: Re: Finally almost finished planting yesterday.

Yep it sure does feel good to be done. Especially with the corn. Although the rest of that field of corn was only planted 8 days earlier. My dad told me that the 23rd of May didn't used to be considered late for corn, the only problem is that 120 bu used to be good, now it would be considered crop failure.

Sure do like the slide on lids. Those turn on lids can be a pita when you're in a hurry.

We started planting beans on the 12th and 13th then went back to corn for a day and then really went at the beans through the end of the week. Really liked having the bigger planter since we did 170 acres of custom work. The most acres we did in a day was about 150 (wet spots turned alot of 1/2 mi rows into lots of 1/4 mi rows). With the 5100 100 acres was a pretty good day. The only time I checked our fuel use was 92 acres of custom planting short point rows on a hillside, used 32 gals.

Glad to hear that it worked well for you. Sounds like you got lucky with the lift cylinder deal, that kind of thing can wreak havoc if you turn short with it on the ground. Just curious, Was the drive chain on a unit or a wheel chain?

Now we just need the wind to stop blowing so we can spray burndown before it becomes post emerge!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)