AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rinsing Sprayer between chemicals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 5/25/2006 00:23 (#14600 - in reply to #14496)
Subject: Re: Rinsing Sprayer between chemicals

I have a JD 6500 that doesn't have a rinse ball in it. What I do is drain the tank as much as possible then take a wet vac with a long piece of PVC pipe taped to the end & suck out any remaining solution. Next I drain all the strainers & pump & pull the end plugs out of the booms (wet booms) & blow the booms & hoses out with air. The put everything back together & wash the tank down as best as possible with the pressure washer. Next I spray the tank walls with tank cleaner, add 100 gal of clean water to the tank & add the appropriate amount of tank cleaner. I made up my own rinser using a lawn sprinkler & a short piece of hose that attaches to the center boom's supply hose. I then run the sprayer for about 1/2-1 hr with the sprinkler in the tank. I then spray the tank cleaner out, again vac out any remaining solution, drain filters & blow out the boom, remove the noozles & soak them over night in tank cleaner solution. So far it has worked for me.

BTW, where can one ourchase a rinse ball. I have looked around but can't find one?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)