AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autosteer compatibility
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 7/6/2007 09:55 (#171011 - in reply to #170930)
Subject: Re: Autosteer compatibility

Hillsboro, AL

I am not 100% sure, but I think the above post is right. Most (at least high level anyway) autosteer systems use proprietary communications protocols. They will only work with a receiver that will output that protocol (format). I believe Trimble uses TSIP. There may be some third party receivers that can output TSIP, but many can not. I have never seen any thing but a Trimble receiver hooked to a NAV II controller. I will not say that it is totally impossible, but it is not as simple as configuring a receiver to output NEMA and the correct strings.

I don't know what protocol a John Deere systems uses, but it is a proprietary format. Again, you would have to have a receiver that could output that format. I suspect it will be even more unlikely to find a third party receiver that can output the JD format unless JD uses a format that is some what universal to the industry. I doubt that is the case.

Some of the lower level autosteer systems do use a simple NEMA protocol and with proper settings and cables just about any receiver will work with them. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)