AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autosteer compatibility
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/6/2007 07:06 (#170951 - in reply to #170930)
Subject: Re: Autosteer compatibility....good questions!

Chebanse, IL.....

Getting "universal" RTK signals would be a help to the industry I think. Can't the RTK portion of the receiver (different from the gps rcvr, I realize) be universal & feed the system whatever it needs whether it's JD, Trimble, or XYZ?

Locally we have a Trimble dealer that put up an RTK antenna on a tall grain elevator leg. Works good for Trimble folks, but JD guys are still hoping for better days to come. I'm not in the camp that says, "well, just let all the JD guys change over to Trimble then...". Both systems have good/bad points, I know.

You'd think one of the majors would figure out how to make the RTK portion universal. Let this universal RTK rcvr take the JD signal & make it Trimble, of visa-versa. Maybe you have Trimble equipment & have RTK locally. But, you drive 25 mis & you're out of your RTK range. But, there's a JD dealer w/strong signal & you can USE it (takes code entry, I know). You just tell rcvr to switch to JD output.

Is this impossible? Plowboy, this might be one of the technological milestones by your generation if you get it done!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)