AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wait on EZ-Guide 500 Update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/3/2007 07:14 (#169757)
Subject: Wait on EZ-Guide 500 Update

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My Coworker received a telephone call yesterday advising us to wait on updating EZ-Guide 500's to V 2. It is my understanding that this call was from Trimble Support. I assume a fix is being attempted at this time.

Apparently some problems have surfaced that affect other parts of the EZ-Guide 500's operation when V 2 is installed. I believe the gist of the message was not to update to V 2, unless EZ-Boom is going to be used.

Since my personal 500 is in for repair of the cold start problem, I wonder what version will be installed on it when it returns. I do not plan on using EZ-Boom but will be using it with Auotpilot. It seemed to work fine with Autopilot this Spring but the display was not always visible on a cold start.

Having done a bit of programming on simple projects, I fully realize that adding features or improving one area of a program often has undesirable effects on another part. However I'm troubled by the fact that this trend seems to be increasing.

I sometimes wonder if much testing is done or are new projects simply "pushed out the door" to meet pressure from sales and management. I suppose it is tough for the programmers to anticipate every scenario and the bottom line is that the customer becomes the "tester". I am generally pushing for the new features as much as anyone else but of course, I want them to work perfectly. This is probably not realistic.

Edited by tedbear 7/3/2007 07:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)