AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Upgrade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 7/6/2007 08:14 (#170971 - in reply to #169390)
Subject: RE: Upgrade

Doesn't appear you are going to get a response from real people, so I'll throw in a few cents worth of comment:

Were I running green equipment, I wouldn't consider much other than the GS2.   There are certainly opportunities for improvement with this platform, but it is just about the most open platform available relative to being able to setup it up from the office, and have all of the information necessary to do in-field automated crop recordkeeping.

Most indications from the field are that the Deere AutoTrac system works quite well, as does their automated spay boom control.   I think you will typically see them a year behind AgLeader on new features, like planter section control, but when then get there, it will be pretty solid.   The first year of the GS2 was predictably rough... as was the first year of the Insight.   But both platforms are past those pains associated with introducing a completely new hardware platform, and are now very powerful tools.

Working with customers that have both systems, my gut feeling is that the AgLeader in-field performance may be just a little better than Deere across most operations (especially yield mapping), but the Deere UI is easier to use, might support multi-product application more readily, and the solution provides better integration for full crop recordkeeping.   You will have to decide if those latter features are important, or if you want the absolute best in in-field performance.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)