AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgFleet Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greg I
Posted 7/6/2007 13:57 (#171093 - in reply to #169934)
Subject: Re: AgFleet Software

Fairbury, IL
We use both SMS and Agfleet in the office. Agfleet is our main workhorse. Use SMS for any advanced application.
Your question "how well does it handle yield data and do analysis, compaired to AgLeader SMS"
Importing data is easy on each system. Currently there is no analysis function in Agfleet. I do use the analysis function in SMS but it is rather limited on the statistical end.

"What are its mapping capabilities"? Agfleet can make orthos, NIR , NDVI, Soil type, soil test NPK, Yield, EC, farm maps, and others.

"Can you write and export prescription maps?" Yes
"What kind of file format does it work in" Can make files for most controllers.
"What kind of reports can it generate" Pro - There are many reports. Con -not easily customized

Comparing the 2 programs is like comparing apples to oranges.

SMS for the most part is a desktop application. Can only be used on on computer on network.

Agfleet is an internet application. High speed internet is almost a must. It is the tool we use that gives us the ability to patner with fertilizer dealers and growers. I can upload soil tests from the lab. The grower can upload his yield card from his home. Then the fertilizer dealer can create the spread file using the data.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)