AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldstar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

richard
Posted 6/29/2007 18:51 (#168438 - in reply to #168410)
Subject: RE: Fieldstar

Thanks for the repsonses so far. I guess I should have made myself a bit clearer with the speed thing. If you do multiple bin loads at roughly the same average speed each time the total harvested for each bin will be very similar and quite accurate if the average speed was the same as when you calibrated it. If however you do a bin with a slower or faster average speed than when you calibrated the total will be completely different. I first noticed this looking at yield maps and seeing significant run to run yield differences in areas I knew to be even yield. I realised that they were mostly in areas where I had been slowing down to unload on the move. I thought that the extra vibration on the yield sensor from unloading might have had something to do with it but when I went out and tested it it was the speed difference that was making the change. It is not just the sudden change associated with a dramatice speed movement. If you slow down and settle on a slower speed after 15 seconds (the yield delay) the yield will settle on a much higher yield.
As I said if you are maintaining fairly even speeds the accurcy is quite good. Our first crop with it was grain sorghum where there was very little speed change and we were unloading at the ends of the runs so I did not notice any thing wrong at all. If anyone is harvesting at the moment I would encourage them to try running at some different speeds and see what happens.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)