AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldstar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KSUGLEANER
Posted 6/29/2007 16:43 (#168410 - in reply to #168185)
Subject: RE: Fieldstar

I've got a '97 Gleaner R62 with the Fieldstar system installed. Same software as Richard with the new AGCO yield sensor. I harvest wheat in central Kansas and last year we had 50-55 bushel per acre yields. The monitor might have been up to 3% off on my worst field. This year the wheat is making 10-15 bushels per acre after our crazy April freeze and I was really concerned that the yield monitor might lose its accuracy, however, the thing seems to be pretty close, load to load, field to field. I can make it the most accurate by entering the test weight into the fieldstar. (Only about 55 lbs. this year). The only things I worry about to keep my system accurate are my Zero point calibration (thresher on, high idle, # should be aroun 1800), my header cutoff height (when the header is below this and not harvesting, you get an error, above it and harvesting you get an error). The last and most important thing is the area around the sensor at the head of the elevator, I usually get up there in the morning and make sure the hardware is tight and there is no dust getting in the way of movement of the target. As far as the groundspeed, I guess I don't understand, you have to remember that the crop you are traveling through won't be registered on the monitor for about 15 to 20 seconds, depending on your yield delay, lead time and lag time. I just run with the factory default on these, but changing these numbers drastically changes the reading of the yield relative to changes in groundspeed. If you are changing your groundspeed drastically all of the time, you can expect to see some strange numbers, the angle that the grain hits the target changes if you speed up and slow down quickly. Hope this helps, sorry for the novel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)