AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydroswing doors opening up/ Icon doors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mkr
Posted 7/10/2011 23:47 (#1857740)
Subject: Hydroswing doors opening up/ Icon doors

South Central MN

Below talked about the Hydro doors coming open a bit. Have a buddy that had Hydroswing change out the valve to fix the problem. He said did not fix the problem. He has a neighbor with a Power lift door does the same thing.
 Check out  www.icondoors.com  This company started with a several employees from Hydroswing that started there own door company. Looks like from the web sight they changed a few things. I might give them a call and see if they figured out how to keep the door from coming open at times.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
IconDoors
Posted 7/11/2011 14:41 (#1858379 - in reply to #1857740)
Subject: Re: Hydroswing doors opening up/ Icon doors

If you have a HydroSwing, Schweiss or Power Lift hydraulic door and the door creeps open over time the problem is most likely one of two things; The first is an internal bypass leak in the cylinder and the second is a faulty check valve in the pump system. The most effective way to determine the source of the problem is to isolate the two assemblys by installing a hydraulic ball valve in the close side hydraulic line, (the close side line is the lowest line on the cylinder in the closed position, if you makeup your valve assembly with a -6 female on one side and a -6 male fitting on the other it can easily be installed where the line connects to the pump) after installing the valve close the door completely and then close the valve. After the same amount of time has passed that would have resulted in a partly open door and if the door has not opened you have isolated the problem to the pump system. If the door still creeps open then the problem is most likely an internal bypass in the cylinder. If you discover that the problem is in the pump system it is most likely a PO Check valve or a coil valve, since each manufacture uses a slightly different configured system you would be best served in calling them, however if you have a HydroSwing system that will be impossible since they are no longer in business. I will try to help you if you can tell me what system was installed with your door; Hypower, Parker, MTI, Stone as these were the most common systems sold by that company. All parts are available and in the case of the cylinder internal leak I can help you find a Hydraulic shop that can test and repair you parts.
KDD
Posted 7/11/2011 20:34 (#1858823 - in reply to #1857740)

Leesburg, Ohio
Stann speaks the truth as far as I can tell. We had the same problem with out Hydroswing when it was about two years old. Talked to someone at the company (this was before they were bought out) and they sent me two new cylinders at company expense, and sent a truck back later to pick up the old ones. Problems solved, no cost to me (other than my time).

Also burned up a contactor which then smoked the pump motor. Only had the door a few months then. I could tell when I got the door that the contactor included with it was undersized. They admitted it was undersized, sent me a whole new pump assembly next day air, no cost to me. Whoever bought out the company sure messed up a good thing.
schweissdoors
Posted 7/13/2011 22:48 (#1861991 - in reply to #1857740)

Talk about doors creeping open , we purchased the old show trailer from the bank, it came with 3 hydraulic doors , and those doors creep open every time, to secure the doors tight, we had to use tie straps to hold them in snug so when going down the road so the trailer would not fill with dust,,, i can see why the company had tough times , when others are offering help, be sure they even know what's going on... what experience do they have, where did they come from ! HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN DOING DOORS ...... Schweiss Doors
nkgaa
Posted 7/14/2011 18:19 (#1863063 - in reply to #1861991)

I’m about ready to purchase a door, so this post obviously caught my attention. Did some digging. It seems to me this Schweiss guy is pretty much a “cyber bully”. He never has anything constructive to say and is constantly throwing out nonsensical rants, irrationally blasting his competition.

I, for one, would prefer to buy product from a company that takes the time to answer our questions and is putting its efforts into starting a business and creating jobs (which this country certainly needs), rather than someone who spends his time harassing its competition and trying to bad mouth them out of business (and people out of jobs!!).

Icon Doors just won my business!

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)