AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Considering Outback S2, E-Drive, and Baseline
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 6/15/2007 19:35 (#162805 - in reply to #162626)
Subject: RE: Considering Outback S2, E-Drive, and Baseline

Soutwest Ks.
Yes I do believe if you put the Baseline in the same spot it will certainly enhance your performance. A neighbor of mine and I myself have ran the Baseline HD starting last fall and it does fairly well but both of us would desire a little more pass to pass accuracy. If you are laying beds on 60" centers you will probably be OK, but don't expect it to be perfectly straight especially if you are using 12 row equipment and have quite a bit of draft. As the front of the tractor moves because of load at the back the edrive sometimes has a hard time making adjustments fast enough. Another neighbor was just telling me several days ago that he had planted Milo with S2 and Baseline and he said he had problems with AB shifting. I have never tried to bed up ground with my own unit, but I would be a little skeptical that it will do good enough for you. But I am not an expert, hopefully there will be more that will give an opinion. On 30" centers pass to pass accuracy has typically been 26" to 35" on quess rows. Quite often it will be within an inch, but all of a sudden I will find one 6" off. I'm still puzzled about that and of course Outback tries to tell me and my neighbor we are the ONLY ones experiencing those problems. Don't know, maybe we are the only ones that take the time to measure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)