AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Polaris Sportsman 800 questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

aggar
Posted 5/31/2011 20:20 (#1800759)
Subject: Polaris Sportsman 800 questions

WC IN
I am testing out a used 2008 Sportsman 800 and had a couple questions for you guys that have these machines. I don't have much experience with Polaris ATV's and was wondering if a few things I noticed were normal or potential problems...

1) The right side of the engine next to your leg seems to get pretty hot. There is a gap in the body panels right there though so the side cover of the engine is pretty much exposed.

2) It seems to make a rattle/grinding noise under acceleration, I can't quite tell if its coming from the engine or drivetrain. I have noticed over the years listening to other Polaris machines that they always seemed kind of rattly though, maybe this is normal?

3) There seems to be a bit of slop in the driveshaft, but is this really just play in the belt tranny?

I am coming from a Honda Rubicon so this machine is a whole different beast. I really liked the power and suspension of the Polaris, but don't think it feels quite as well built as the Honda. I'd sure appreciate any thoughts you have on these issues and about these quads in general. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)