AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

boom or boomless atv sprayer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

72puma
Posted 5/30/2011 09:09 (#1798827)
Subject: boom or boomless atv sprayer

which would be better for spot spraying beans and corn with roundup?3 nozzel boomless seams like it would be handy if the coverage is 30'like they say with seperate side and middle valves.(fimco 25 gal.3 nozzel boomless)
anyone use any atv sprayers and experiences would be helpfull.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
redgreenandrust
Posted 5/30/2011 09:12 (#1798834 - in reply to #1798827)
Subject: Re: boom or boomless atv sprayer

thumb of michigan
unless you can control the wind the boomless won't due you much good outside of an orchard or spraying mosquitos.
Beefmn
Posted 5/30/2011 09:12 (#1798837 - in reply to #1798827)
Subject: RE: boom or boomless atv sprayer

Blue Earth, MN
I have both on mine and end up using the boom more often. If a mouse farts anywhere near you, you will have drift with the boomless.
pbutler
Posted 5/30/2011 10:18 (#1798924 - in reply to #1798827)

Macon, IL
BOOM. You can take some lightweight aluminum and add 2 more nozzles pretty easy. I bought the fimco I think it was 5 or 6ft. Added 2 more nozzles on 15" spacing-so it gets out about 10ft or so-which is plenty for the little 12v 2pm pumps. Can cover a lot of ground spot spraying with that setup. Put shutoffs on all but 1 wing it and is pretty nice for cleaning up edges of fields. Couldn't do that with boomless.
JD fanatic
Posted 5/30/2011 10:20 (#1798928 - in reply to #1798827)

mw
Like the others said the drift is the biggest problem with boomless, made a pasture sprayer with two boomless nozzles and six regular flat fan middle section nozzles for a combined 40' wouldnt want it for field work but it sure is nice for under trees and such in pastures.
IowaMark
Posted 5/30/2011 10:43 (#1798961 - in reply to #1798827)

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I've used a boomless for 4-5 years & really it. I put mine on in the spring & leave it on all summer. What I really like about it is for spraying in tight places, you have less chances of hitting your booms on something. I guess it depends on where you plan on using it; tight places go boomless, big open fields use a boom. I have twice caught one of my boomless tips on something & they are not cheap to replace. I can't off the top of my head think what they were but did think that Fimco is proud of them for what they cost.
Mlebrun
Posted 5/30/2011 10:48 (#1798965 - in reply to #1798961)

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
Put both on. All you have to do is add the boomless nozzle to one end of the boom. Drill a hole through the boom and bolt the boomless on so you can adjust up or down. Put shutoffs on each and done. I like the boomless for spraying road ditchs or uneven ground. But on flat surface I like the nozzles better,
MMiller
Posted 5/30/2011 14:04 (#1799208 - in reply to #1798827)

SW Iowa
I use boomless on my small sprayer, but I never use it to spray crops. I spray rough pastures with trees. Even though the booms only stick out a foot each side of the Ranger, I still catch them on stuff. But I do agree, that boomless won't work well with any breeze. So far in the last 4 years of spraying thistles in pasture, I've been able to do it on appropriate days. There is no way booms would work for me, in this application, here.

Michael
axle
Posted 5/31/2011 09:40 (#1800234 - in reply to #1798827)

east central ND
we have a polaris ranger with a 100 gal tank and 2 boomless nozzels. There is a wind guard in the very center the covers the width of the ranger. works great for what we do with it. mainly use it for spraying roundup around poles, spraying the gap between the ditch edge and the crop, some prevent plant areas, and for mosquito's around the yard. basically everything i guess. if you are worried about drift put in some antidrift and go. the droplets on the boomless are bigger so with a little common sense you can spray pretty much anything

Edited by axle 5/31/2011 09:44
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)