AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

briggsfm
Posted 6/5/2007 05:52 (#158514 - in reply to #158377)
Subject: thanks for sharing your story Joe

Scottville, 49454 Northwest Michigan
Man, you know how to warm a guys heart. I just came back, five minutes ago, from visiting with my Dad. This morning he is heading to the hospital to have his hip replaced. He'll be 79 next month. But he's still very active on the farm. Up until today, he's essentially been the only person running the feed wagon. Plus he's been the primary person managing the livestock enterprise. He's cancelled this surgery at least twice before. My Dad's the type of guy who doesn't want to be "left on the shelf" for more than about 10 minutes. Do you know what I mean? Anyways, his hip finally got to the point that he just couldn't take it anymore. Our families prayer, is that he has the patience to wait until he's completely healed before he goes back to his regular activities. I sure am looking forward to the day when he can climb in and out of the payloader to do his feeding without being in so much pain.

Anyways, your story really "warmed" my heart as I thought about my own father and what he means to me and this farm.

thanks Joe, gordon

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)