AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS1 reducing population vs prescription
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/20/2007 00:46 (#151880)
Subject: GS1 reducing population vs prescription

Pittsburg, Kansas

In our GS1 with map based seeding there is a selection that allows the target rate to be somethig other than the prescription rate. Normally this value is set to "1" so that the prescription target rate is what the GS sends to the controller and is also then the application rate. I have all my prescriptions made for corn and they have been working well. It is getting late for planting corn for this area and I want to reduce my populations from what I was using earlier. I can change this setting to .90 and the planter plants 90% of the prescription target rate - great, works fine. What does not work is the population monitor built into the Greenstar 1 in conjunction with the Seedstar. Rather than setting the monitor target rate to 90% also it stays at 100% so the monitor thinks all rows are planting 10% under and when viewing the "planter at a glance" bar graph mode all the bars are way below the center line.

Is there something I am missing where I can change a setting in the monitor part to make it match or understand the new target is 10% under what is on the prescription file?

I didn't explain this very well. We have always done this with the PF3000 AL doing VR but in that situation our population monitor is a completely different device. In the Seedstar the VR prescription part and the monitor are all together. I would think when the target rate is set to a percentage of the prescription it should hand this information off to the population monitor part - but maybe not.

John

Edited by John Burns 5/20/2007 09:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)