AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Taking the plunge, would appreciate comments/suggestions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 5/22/2007 08:56 (#152774 - in reply to #152564)
Subject: RE: Taking the plunge, would appreciate comments/suggestions

NE SD
Why do I NEED experience? Looking at their fields is evidence enough. Everyone has been spot planting corn here recently. The issue with them not being able to tell where their at in a turn without feeling for it is a FACT not a statement. Valve systems have a potentiometer, steering systems don't. I don't care if it's got T2 or magic, until they add that potentiometer they've got a problem from the start. Once you're on down through the field it gets better but it still can't compete with a valve. No way no how. I spent several hours Sunday scouting corn fields that needed drowned out areas replanted. I rode through a couple fields that had been planted with EZ Steer units. I'm sure if you haven't ever had a "valve" type autosteer you are perfectly happy with one of the temporary solutions. It takes a different level to satisfy each individual, but once you use the valve systems and/or Subscription services (RTK included) you'll never be happy with an EZ Steer, ATU, or WAAS again. They simply don't have the accuracy of the valve systems. They can't and they won't. Go ahead and run over your fingers, we'll spend our money on the valve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)