AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Direct Command module updates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 5/19/2007 20:54 (#151750 - in reply to #151611)
Subject: RE: Insight Direct Command module updates

Chebanse, IL.....

Ted

I realize Insight does conversions that we used to do w/440. BUT do you or others ever refer to any facet of NH3 application in gallons? Perhaps it's just an area thing...but we deal in pounds here. I realize the tank has a volume capacity rating (1450 gal), but we still use a scale to measure things. I never dealt with gallons in any form with the 440 re. NH3. Spraying, yes-but NH3 application-no....just lbs, either gross or net.

I wish they would allow ME to enter 5000-5500-5100-whatever into the starting capacity instead of 1260 gallons....which means absolutely nothing to us in figuring acreage, amounts, or usage. Actually, it seems that with the computing power of the Insight, they'd allow me to enter value in whatever measurement I wanted.....but I can't. Gallons...that's it (or quarts, pints, etc). Now you have to look at the quantity remaining of 432 gallons & quickly do math in your head figuring 4.22 #/gal & estimating you have enough left for 17+ Acres @ 100# actual N per acre. But, if it just read out as 1700#N remaining...that would even be math that I could do.

It is a great monitor....I'm just never satisfied.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)