AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Very strange Direct Command problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bigfarmerdave
Posted 5/14/2007 15:54 (#149992)
Subject: Very strange Direct Command problems

Eastern Iowa
We bought a new Sprayer Specialties sprayer last year and are running Insight, Direct Command, Trimble 252 w/ Omnistar for the second year. After spraying about half our acres with the first of a two pass system, we have started seeing some very strange things while spraying. First thing I noticed was when I finished spraying a field and was folding the sprayer up. I looked back to see that boom section #2 was spraying as I sat stationary folding the sprayer up. I uncheckmarked the autoswath feature on the Insight screen, turned the master switch off as well as the six individual boom switches off and it was still spraying. I actually had to turn the pump off before it quit spraying. Since that time, section #2 and #5 have been staying on once in a while and #3 and #4 will not come on at all once in a while. The "once in a while" seems to be getting more frequent. Sometimes we may spray 60, 80 acres with no problems and other times you can't do 2 or 3 acres before noticing a problem. Strange thing is that when a boom section is stuck on, the Insight doesn't recognize that its on and when a boom section is stuck off, it doesn't recognize that its off either so coverage maps appear as if everything is working properly. We have checked the input diagnostics screen on the Insight to verify that the Master and six boom section switches are functioning, have the latest software in Insight, Aux module, and Liquid module, changed Aux and Liquid modules as well as wiring harness that goes from the "boom" outlet on Liquid module to the six TeeJet ball valve three pin weather pack connections. I can't imagine four ball valves starting to act up all at once, especially only being a year old. Also, when section #2 is stuck on, I can unplug that boom section and plug it into a functioning boom section that is currently turned off and instantly it turns the ball valve off. Simply unplugging and plugging back in the disfunctional ball valve seems to do no good. I've also noted that when I unplug the three pin weather pack on a disfunctional ball valve and put a volt meter across the signal and ground pins, the very next time I plug it back together, it works. Its almost as if the outpin pin is left floating and just needed to be pulled back down to ground. I'm seriously temped to wire a 15k, 1 Watt resistor betwen the signal and ground wire if dealer/tech support can't come up with a remedy or cause of problem. Any more ideas to try first?

Edited by bigfarmerdave 5/14/2007 15:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)