AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autofarm to Insight with Direct Command
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johmur
Posted 5/20/2007 19:34 (#152134 - in reply to #149525)
Subject: RE: Autofarm to Insight with Direct Command

We've got two Rightrac's, a fixed base station and a tripod mounted movable base unit. Setup and base signal acquisition by the rover units is awesome. Repeatability is like the company says. HOWEVER
That said, it is becoming obvious that this functionality has come at the expense of the Rightrac's "real world" reported position inaccuracy of many tens of feet. (which incudes elevation data). It would seem to make sense that a person would have to input some benchmark information (latitude, longitude and elevation) so the rover units could calculate the offsets. Having a superb package report an elevation of say 1734.20 feet when it is actually almost a 100 feet higher is a major flaw in my books. I suspect that the horizontal data is off by the same order of magnitude.
Of course a person could post process the data later; but this should be done by the software as it is being recorded. I realize that it would probably involve inputting the benchmark info; but with a fixed base station the software could allow a person to enter it once and it should be good for life as long as the GPS antenna wasn't moved. Silly me; I thought that entering the rover antenna height took care of the elevation corrections.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)