AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere electric problems.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

commissioner
Posted 3/8/2011 19:15 (#1658548)
Subject: John Deere electric problems.

southern Illinois
I'm working on a 4555 and started having problems last fall like the blower motor quiting then the hitch and other strange electric things. First I changed the key switch and that didnt help. I was told it was the load center by deere mechanic, said that wasnt uncommon in that series.
This winter I took the board out and sent it to ag express, got it back and installed and nothing. Started the tractor and all came on and everything worked for about 30 mins then the dash and blower went off. Bump the starter and all came back on. Called ag express and they said send it back. The man said he went over it with a fine toothed comb, had it quit once so he touched up all the connections and ran it for 24 hrs with no problem.
I get it back this week and put it in, nothing, bump the starter and all worked. Turned the key on a few times a day and always worked till today and it quit again and now quits about every min or two. Ag express thinks I have a wiring problem and I may have.I have unplugged and plugged every plug in I can find moved every wire on the thing and it wont come back on till you move the key over to start. You dont have to bump the starter just get close and it will send electricity back to the board.
I got my tester and the whole board is not dead when the dash goes out.
Here is a list of what works all the time, f1,f2,f5,f6,f7,f12,f18,f19,f20,f21,f22,f23,f24,f25,k7,k8
The list of what does not work when it dies is , f3,f4,f8,f9,f10,f11,f13,f14,f15,f16,f17,f26,k1,k2,k3,k4

The bottom 4 relays are the ones that go dead, the top relays remain operational all the time, they never quit.

Do you see any pattern or have any suggestions of what I can test or try? I dont mind to buy a new board but with no return on a 915 dollar board, I'd like to be sure that is the problem.
thanks for any help.

Edited by commissioner 3/8/2011 19:44

(electric load center 009 [HDTV (1080)].jpg)

(electric load center 011 [HDTV (1080)].jpg)

(fuses 007 [HDTV (1080)].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments electric load center 009 [HDTV (1080)].jpg (45KB - 921 downloads)
Attachments electric load center 011 [HDTV (1080)].jpg (52KB - 840 downloads)
Attachments fuses 007 [HDTV (1080)].JPG (96KB - 1162 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
commissioner
Posted 3/8/2011 21:34 (#1658988 - in reply to #1658548)
Subject: RE: John Deere electric problems.

southern Illinois
Thanks , I do not have a schematic for it and I would like one if you can find one.
I have switched several relays with no luck. One thing that I did notice when I was testing things, One of the 4 connectors under k3 when grounded though the tester would make the dash light and k1 and 2, which are the flashers, would all work. No relay was installed just testing the connectors with a test light from connector to ground. The blower under relay 4 wouldn't work but when I removed that relay and tested it the same way one connectors would run the blower but not any of the other three relays.
I have checked all three ground points on the tractor but I would like to know where the board grounds at.
thanks

Edited by commissioner 3/8/2011 21:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)