AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric fence wire question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Fenceman
Posted 5/9/2007 07:59 (#148147 - in reply to #148091)
Subject: RE: Electric fence wire question

NE
Thanks for the explanation. The plastic posts I was referring to is 4- 5 " in diameter not the 1" push in type . I was wondering how you could get a steel post to hold but not a 5" post 3' in the ground ? Now I understand . Yes, if your post supply is coming from the north I can imagine how poor the quaility probably is. I haven't seen anything very good in my 28 years of commercial building come from up that way . The ones from the south are much better but still leave alot to be desired in my mind ? Alot depends on who treats them and how dry the posts were before treatment.
I'm still not impressed with the steel post insulators..I'm familar with those and I get them snapped off or unhook them in my terrain constantly with deer all the time . I'm afraid sunlight also raises havoc with them and get brittle over time and the pin locks shear off too easily. I've used same brand in wood post style with not much better success either, don't come off posts as easy but still break as much . I guess its just like everything else ...no one solution fits all or everybodys needs and more yet there is no real CHEAP way to solve fence problems atleast that I found yet .......still looking . Stay dry and safe !
Fenceman
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)