AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trucker of the year award goes to....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

robaer1
Posted 5/8/2007 00:51 (#147714 - in reply to #147635)
Subject: RE: Not sure if he fell asleep.

in the trucking industry you take whats insain and turn around and make it sain. he or she feel asleep or couldn't see the road ahead with of course cruse control on in my theory. way too much momentom there. tail signs= severly damaged hood and if loaded couldn;t climb that hill and get in that situation at slow speeds. when runnining hard you see at least 2 accidents a day especialy running team or bad weather. now to address truckers being unhealthy. yes its true but dot is comming down hard you have to go through a battery of tests to get a med card and keep it. the old days are gone and i'm missing them. todays trucker=lower pay,more dot regs,longer days away to make same money,more traffic,more immagrants,less parking spaces= high turn over. if trucking or aka diesel gets into your blood you will never get it out. you can go to vegas, cali and every where inbetween on any given day of the week. would i recommend trucking, nope. its a rough way of life being a true otr.
ooohh almost forgot automatic trucks. the trucking industry wants more females because they say they take less risks and of cousre insurance and being a minority in the trucking industry has something to do with it. i don't like auto's why, because they shift according to what rpms they are programed to shift at and on ice if you rev up over 1500 to shift and hit an ice spot it could put you in a spin. i know they have a hold button and all that crap but i like to feel the gears and what the truck is trying to tell me. from what i understand for the most part an auto truck is basically a 10 speed with survos that shift at a given rpm. i drove one for about a yr. if the price is right i'll buy but in prference no.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)