AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trucker of the year award goes to....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 5/7/2007 05:52 (#147330 - in reply to #147283)
Subject: RE: trucker of the year award goes to....

West Union, Illinois

You sure it wasn't like about March 23, 2007? (date on photos

The only reasonable explanation is he went to sleep.  And if I were driving that is what I would claim until St Peter himself asked me what I was thinking.

Reminds me on an incident a few years ago near here.  There is a good blacktop going straight east of town for 3 miles.  It then turns left and follows the river.  Or you can jump off (almost literally) to a gravel road which becomes dirt road that dead ends at the river where there was a ferry 50+ years ago.  We saw a strange truck (ie: a tractor we didn't recognize with a box trailer) go past the field in the late afternoon but didn't think too much about it.

Apparently this truck driver gets lost, goes east to the curve and takes off down in the river bottoms.  He follows this dirt road down to a field lane, turns on it, and eventually ends up in the trees along the river bank.  So he decides to play Dukes of Hazzard and jump the river.  Fortunately for him he gets stuck. Really stuck.  He walks out, gets even more disoriented, and ends up walking across a field 2 miles from the nearest pole light.  When he sees a farm tractor.

Farmer is out working late trying to get caught up.  It's 11 PM and he is in the river bottom just beyond the middle of nowhere.  It's pitch black out and he has a 12" Crescent wrench working on the implement he is pulling.  He's leaned over it when this truck driver comes out of the dark, taps him on the shoulder and asks if he could pull him out because he is stuck.  If it had been me I'd have placed a dent in his head.

Took 2 really big wreckers and a lot of cable to get him out.

Edited by Mike SE IL 5/7/2007 05:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)