AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunday night
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 5/6/2007 01:27 (#146817 - in reply to #146643)
Subject: RE: Sunday night

Southwest Iowa
I think 80% planted is a plenty high number, considering we were only at 21% at the same time last week. I know some areas are close to being done with corn, but there are alot of places in the corn belt that are only pushing half. If the progress report shows anything over 45-50% on Monday, I'll be surprised. The new number won't come out until after the markets close on Monday, so they can basically do whatever they want to the markets while they're open. My thinking at the moment is higher, possibly much higher sometime during the day. But whether they can hold onto the gains before the close is another thing.
As I'm writing this, we've received around 4 inches of rain since 7:30 this evening with more to come. Watching the weather guys on tv, showing the radar tonight is pretty amazing. Storms are coming out of Kansas and picking up steam as they head north and turning into huge thunderstorms. There's been a couple tornados around here tonight also, and with the pictures of what happened in Kansas last night, it sure makes me feel alot different with what could happen. Happening in the dark would add a whole different perspective.
Hope everybody is getting along with their plantings well and everybody is being safe. Good luck and make sure you avoid all the wet spots that aren't going to go away anytime soon! :)

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)