AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez guide 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/6/2007 11:36 (#146932 - in reply to #146814)
Subject: Re: ez guide 500

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Maybe I'm confused but it seems to me that using the adaptive curve pattern with either EZ-Steer or Autopilot would be a contradicition.

First of all using the identical pattern could be fine. You set the original pass and the system creates identical passes for you. This means with or without automated steering you could come back on any pass you choose.

On the other hand if you are using the adaptive curve without auto steering, then you are planning on following the lightbar indications most of the time but reserve the right to change the pattern as the situation dictates. The system logs where you really drove and makes the next pass based on that information. In the adaptive curve the current pass is based on the last pass and it would not be possible to skip ahead to another pass other than the next one.

If you were to use Assisted steering with the adaptive curve pattern, you would be letting the system steer the tractor but yet want the ability to grab the wheel and make adjustments that would be mostly followed on the next pass. This seems like a contradiction to me in that at times, you would want assisted steering and other times not.

Edited by tedbear 5/6/2007 11:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)