AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nav2 NEMA strings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/4/2007 09:00 (#146052 - in reply to #146032)
Subject: RE: Nav2 NEMA strings

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
When the EZ-Guide 500 is connected to an Autopilot, the GPS out to another device comes from the laptop port on the NAV II harness.

This port is configured from the EZ-Guide 500 menu under the Autopilot section. There you will see the various choices to ENABLE the output as well as set the NEMA strings that you need.

Remember if you ever need to use this laptop port with a laptop to update the Nav II controller, you will need to first disable the NEMA output to that port.

I have done virtually this exact same thing with mine but have the NEMA strings going to an INSIGHT rather than an ipaq. This appears to work fine. Your may need some type of extension to reach from the laptop 9 pin connector on the Nav II harness to your ipaq. In my case I needed a null modem extension to mate with the Insight. In your case a standard extension should work.

In my case, the Insight is only in that tractor at certain times, so the EZ-Guide 500 is used to control the Autopilot. The Insight gets NEMA GPS in the same way as your ipaq could.

Edited by tedbear 5/4/2007 09:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)