AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

C-12 Cat--Oil Pressure Sensor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CATGUY
Posted 2/14/2011 21:05 (#1614425 - in reply to #1614306)
Subject: RE: C-12 Cat--Oil Pressure Sensor

Iowa

krazy75 - 2/14/2011 17:20 Hi! Having a problem with our '97 Peterbuilt 379 today. (Motor serial number: 1YN07078) I pulled it out of shed and the "Check Engine" and "Stop Engine" lights and buzzers went off. The Diagnostics Computer on the dash read these codes: 100-01: Low oil pressure 100-11: Very low oil pressure 100-04: Oil pressure sensor fault The mechanical gauge on dash read slightly over 40 psi at idle. We replaced the sensor on the top left middle of head with part number 194-6722. Before and After replacing the sensor the Computer read 86.5 oil PSI. The new sensor was then unplugged and computer read 0 PSI. We then plugged the new sensor back in and it read between 0-1.5 PSI jumping sporadically . The "Check Engine" and "Stop Engine" both still appear 45 seconds after the truck is started and do not quit. Please let me know if there are more questions. At a stand still on what to do next. THANKS

First, The sensor, you purchased and are changing on the valve cover "base" is the Atmospheric sensor(not the oil pressure sensor)

Second, The oil pressure sensor is located right behind the water pump.(right side of engine)

Third, The "updated" part number of the oil pressure sensor is 161-9930, for your engine.

I will try and add some graphics and schematics for you.

(C-12 (1YN) parts graphic and #9 is oil pressure.jpg)

(C-12 (1YN) prefix sensor graphic.jpg)

(C-12 (1YN) sensor schematic.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments C-12 (1YN) parts graphic and #9 is oil pressure.jpg (47KB - 2063 downloads)
Attachments C-12 (1YN) prefix sensor graphic.jpg (72KB - 1801 downloads)
Attachments C-12 (1YN) sensor schematic.jpg (66KB - 1802 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)